Risk Reduction for Prospective Entrepreneurs
Startup Readiness Workshop
- September 18, 2014 - Franklin
- October 2, 2014 - Blacksburg
- October 24, 2014 - Virginia Tech
VT KnowledgeWorks presents Startup Readiness Workshop, a workshop that helps entrepreneurs test the strategic essence of their business concept, tighten up on managerial focus, and review the overall business start-up process. This workshop is held at convenient locations around the state.
Who should attend…anyone considering the launch of a business.
- Inventors with exciting technological developments
- University faculty members with revolutionary research results
- Web developers with fresh business concepts
- Career shifters thinking about starting a company
When you should attend…very early in the planning process.
- When your business concepts are still forming
- Before you incorporate, write a business plan, or launch a web site
- Before you spend any significant time or personal money
What you will study…key issues and concepts related to planning and launching a new business.
- Considerations for the business founder: personal expectations, roles and responsibilities, managing pace, and maintaining focus
- Capturing the strategic essence of the new business
- The countdown sequence for a successful launch: 5 Powerful Habits, 4 Fundamental Factors, 3 Vital Capabilities, 2 Components of MOXIE, and 1 Effective Leader
- Connecting with the business community: the language of business, accounting de-mystified, financial modeling, preparing for investment
- The definition of success and the importance of full commitment
What it costs…much less than a failed launch. Includes breakfast or lunch.
- Workshops at Virginia Tech: Free for Virginia Tech students and faculty
- All other workshops: $20